October 2, 2012
September has been a month of great music releases...Two Door Cinema Club, the xx, Mumford and Sons, Imagine Dragons, and The Killers. I love each new album, but Battle Born by The Killers is the one I can't take off repeat. It's still got the usual Killers sound, but something is different. I haven't been able to pinpoint it just yet though. Take a listen and let me know what you think!
[ IMAGE ]
September 30, 2012
For my birthday, I wanted to go apple picking. But of course, it rained so we had to postpone. Luckily, I was off this weekend, and my husband and I along with our best couple friends made the trek up to Carter Mountain Orchard in Charlottesville. It was all of our first time, and an experience it was. They had so much going on...hay rides, a pumpkin patch, shops, food, and of course, tons of apples! I definitely look forward to coming back here soon!
P.s. Can you believe it has been over a month since the last time I blogged? I can't. Time has definitely gotten away from me...with starting a new job, managing life as a newlywed, and other daily things. I promise to do better though. I have a lot to update you guys on!
August 21, 2012
This playlist is all about duets featuring some of my all-time favourites and some more recent ones. Hope you enjoy!
01. Landline: Greg Laswell ft. Ingrid Michaelson
02. In My Veins: Andrew Belle ft. Erin Mccarley
03. Safe & Sound: Taylor Swift ft. The Civil Wars
04. Second Chances: Paper Route ft. Kate York
05. Don't Let It Go To Your Head: Nikki Kummerow ft. Aaron Marsh
06. Static Waves: Andrew Belle ft. Katie Herzig
07. Both of Us: B.o.B. ft. Taylor Swift
08. Seven Hours: Lucy Schwartz ft. Aqualung
09. Love and Misery: Ane Brun ft. Tobias Froberg
10. Home: Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros ft. Jade Castrinos
8tracks | spotify
August 20, 2012
Moodboards have always been a bit intimidating to me. You would think it's pretty easy- all you have to do is compile a bunch of photos right? That's what I thought, but it takes quite a bit of time and dedication to find the perfect images, to place them where the look best, etc. I commend those who do this daily...they are superstars!
Anyone who really knows me knows that I do not like pink. I wouldn't say I hate it, but it would be the last colour I would wear, design with or decorate with. Yet, here it is and I am totally loving it!
[ MARIE / BEAUTIFUL / PATTERN / MORE / SCRIBBLE / ART ]